This vacancy won't suit you if you believe design is just a logo, some colors, and form. For us, it's a visual summary of every experience a brand has to offer.
Therefore, it must be suitable, understandable, and easy to like— an overview of what we, as a branding agency, expect from our newest designer, besides having fun, of course :)
Suitable, understandable, and easy to like are the words describing the brands we want to build. We are strategists, designers, and brand managers. Our team explores, designs, and grows brands ready to scale up their business. In essence? We're unfolding brands into remarkable ones.
At Studio Piraat, we believe that success comes from a strong belief in your brand and the people behind it. We like to unfold brands' potential together with talented people like you. So are you ready for a real challenge? A close-knit group of colleagues who smile, support, grow, and are proud of the brands we launch into the world? Of course, and we understand that all too well.
Explore, design, and grow. This has been our award-winning philosophy since 2002. We've applied this approach for various clients, such as Blue Billywig,Veilig.nl, Rebel Architects, and DDInnovations.
Brands don't reach their potential on their own. Together with you, we create growth. For our customers and talents. For you and ourselves.
• Totally in love with branding, campaigns, editorials, and most of all, people. We do believe people are the essential asset of every successful brand;
• Besides being creative, also very analytical, curious, a true team player, and a profound & inspiring speaker;
• Someone who thinks, then creates;
• Someone who critically, positively, and ambitiously want to work on our growth and our clients with remarkable designs.
• You have worked in a design/branding agency as a designer for 2+ years;
• A proven track record of inspiring design projects;
• The ability to inspire people and align everyone on the team;
• You have completed an art academy or an equivalent design education;
• You are flawless in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and After Effects (knowledge of Keynote is a plus);
• Excellent speaking and writing in both Dutch & English;
• A positive work ethic: optimistic, pragmatic, quick, comfortable in the sharing process, quick decision-making, and patient with and for people.
• You'll be able to do every day what you love most: designing beautiful things; from branding concepts to editorials, campaigns, and all sorts of brand communications;
• You'll have room to learn, develop, play, inspire, touch, and accelerate. Both for clients and yourself;
• Hosting inspiring branding sessions with the internal teams of our clients, with their management team, or with the very own founders themselves;
• Together with our creative director, you'll be presenting striking concept presentations of where your design is part of;
• Together with our brand manager, you'll be protecting, tweaking, and evaluating all designs throughout the entire process;
• You'll be an actual accelerator for our clients.
• A real leap in your career;
• Growth opportunities;
• Working partly remotely, as long as the balance feels right;
• A team that quickly feels like home;
• A lunch that gives you choice stress;
• An annual museum card;
• Sporting, cultural, and culinary team activities;
• Development budget for courses, events, books, or piling weeks;
• A competitive salary based on your experience.
Does all this feel like the right leap of faith? Then, send your resume, cover letter, or video to email@example.com. We will get back to you within two working days after your application.
Why join the navy if you can be a pirate?
A glimpse of our work